Recent COVID-19 Updates
As many of you are aware, the Government of Nova Scotia has mandated that recreational facilities are required to ask for proof of vaccination effective Monday, October 4th. We have been waiting for clarification from the Nova Scotia Golf Association on this topic as it was unclear if there would be any industry specific exemptions to this new mandate.
Late last night the NSGA sent out an email to its entire database of golfers and golf clubs, outlining the finalized details of the new mandate. Although we feel that golf is a safe outdoor activity for all people, the Government of Nova Scotia has not provided any exemptions for golf courses.
We know many people will have varying opinions on this subject, but please understand this decision is a provincial mandate and we must adhere to it by law. This subject has created much division within our province but we ask that you continue to be respectful towards your fellow golfers, our staff, and management. If you would like to express any concerns regarding this policy, please contact your local MLA.
Eagle Crest Golf Course & Greenwood Golf Club COVID-19 Golf Protocol
With much uncertainty surrounding COVID-19, we would like to outline our protocol for both golf courses during this time. Below is a point form list outlining what you can expect from Eagle Crest and Greenwood. Please understand that the situation is ever-changing and can be different from one day to the next depending on new information.
-Due to the “outside” and “open space” nature of activities on the property, golf courses are permitted to stay open with special protocols in place to ensure the safety of both our staff and all customers.
-The kitchens at both locations are open for food & beverage. The seated dining areas at both facilities are open with reduced seating capacity.
If you are sick or are showing any symptoms at all, please STAY HOME.
Things Eagle Crest and Greenwood are doing for you:
- The pro shop will be open; however, we will limit the amount of customers to 4 at a time while maintaining social distancing.
- We encourage debit or credit sales at the course, in order to avoid cash. This is to protect staff and customers alike.
- Staff will be disinfecting all commonly touched surfaces – i.e. debit terminals, door handles and counter surfaces – on a regular basis.
- Beverages, prepackaged snacks and sandwiches will be available for purchase in the pro shop.
- Power carts will continue to be fully cleaned and disinfected by our staff after each use. Every cart going on the course will be fully sanitized prior to being used by customers. Golfers will no longer be required to take separate power carts.
Things we are asking you to do for us:
- Always practice social distancing while on the property, including the pro shop and driving range.
- We ask both members and guests to book tee times online and pre-pay online to reduce the amount of facetime with our pro shop staff.
- As much as we love to see you, we ask that you refrain from “visiting” the golf course unless you are scheduled to play that day.
- Please do not show up more than 15 minutes before your tee time.
- We ask that once you have checked in or made your purchase, that you vacate the pro shop immediately.
- We ask that you wear your golf glove as much as possible, even while putting. This is especially important when touching public items. Even consider wearing golf gloves on both hands.
We stress that all golfers follow the directives set out by Nova Scotia Health and Health Canada by practicing social distancing while on the course and in the clubhouse and wash your hands frequently for a minimum of 20 seconds.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding of our protocol. Being in the great outdoors is a great healthy way to get through these trying times, and if we all do our part to combat the spread of COVID-19, we will be able to enjoy our modified golf season. See you on the course.
– The Team at Eagle Crest & Greenwood